Monday, March 28, 2016

Review: Bobbi Brown Corrector - Light Peach

Bobbi Brown Corrector in Light Peach. Picture and description below, courtesy of BobbiBrown.com


I hate it when a product I consider to be very over-priced ends up working out so beautifully that I find myself justifying the cost. That's how I feel about Bobbi Brown's corrector. (Shown above in Light Peach.)

From the ingredient label, it's a very standard petrolatum concealer/corrector in an almost laughably small container. This is even smaller than my Estee Lauder Double Wear concealer which is $25 for 0.1 oz. Bobbi Brown's version is 0.05 oz for $25 - half the size! For the record, MAC's Studio Fix concealer, which is identical to the Lauder version, is $19 for 0.24 oz. (For those who don't know already - both MAC and Bobbi Brown are Lauder Group companies.)

So here is the math for what a full ounce would cost:

MAC's Studio Fix concealer (identical to Lauder's Double Wear High Cover): $79.17 an ounce.
Estee Lauder's High Cover: $250 an ounce.
Bobbi Brown's Corrector: $500 an ounce!
(That makes Cle de Peau's luxury concealer seem like a better deal at $412 for one ounce. CdP's retails for $70 for 0.17 oz.)

Crazy right? Who would pay so much more for such a tiny pot??

Well.
About that. . .

I tried a sample.
It was perfect.
I slapped it on under my eyes and then got distracted by something. I can't remember what. I didn't cover it with my regular concealer the way they recommend. I didn't set it with powder. I just left it there for several hours and forgot about it. When I looked in the mirror again, I couldn't believe my eyes. First, it matches my skin without concealer over it - I don't know how that happened. It just looks like my skin. And even without powder, it didn't crease or budge or slide or fade one little bit.

I wasn't going to post before and after pictures because I've slept especially badly, and my skin is doing the Rein-A molting/peeling/angry thing right now. Still, even with all that going on, and no foundation or powder or even primer - this stuff is amazing. So here ya go. Pictures.


Before Bobbi Brown Corrector
After Bobbi Brown Corrector.

Even my lines look better. And honestly, that was a pretty half-assed application. If I'd actually taken the time to prime, blend well, apply concealer over it or even just powder, it would be even better.

That said, it does not feel as silky and spreadable as other concealers. It feels almost tacky, and a little thick. Use very, very little or you'll be trying to blend it out for ten minutes. Tapping it in took a little more effort than with my other concealers, but once it was in place - it was fantastic.

So, let the justifying to my pocket book begin . . .


From the website:
https://www.bobbibrowncosmetics.com/product/14460/15905/New/Corrector/SS11

"Waterproof, sweat and humidity-resistant, this long-wearing formula boasts a uniquely creamy-smooth texture for perfectly smooth coverage that’s easy to blend and won’t crease. Infused with skin conditioners to protect the delicate undereye area and available in 16 skin-tone-correct correcting shades (so everyone gets a match).

"For maximum coverage, wear Corrector under Creamy Concealer (not included). Using the Concealer Brush (sold separately), apply Corrector as close as possible to the lash line, and also on the innermost corner of the eye. Gently blend with your fingers. Layer Creamy Concealer directly over the Corrector. "

Ingredients:

Petrolatum, bis-diglyceryl polyacyladipate-2, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, methyl methacrylate crosspolymer, tribehenin, tocopheryl acetate, retinyl palmitate, oxokerite, lecithin, propylene glycol stearate, sorbitan laurate, polysorbate 20, propylene glycol laurate. May contain: titanium dioxide (ci 77891), iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499), mica, ultramarines (ci 77007), carmine (ci 75470).

No comments:

Post a Comment